Stern helped conceive and establish the Institute as a way to influence the nation’s dialogue on healthcare and education, and further the ideas of Christensen’s books. Targeting a highly influential audience, we position the Institute’s leaders as authorities and thinkers in the healthcare, education and policy spaces (well beyond Christensen’s legacy in business strategy). Stern capitalizes on our Connected Communications® approach: defining relevant messages and stories that stick, creating powerful content based on those messages, and then delivering content to opinion leaders through media placements, speaking opportunities, social and digital efforts and direct marketing ideas.
The program continues to effectively advance the Institute and Christensen’s books as breakthrough works addressing two of the nation’s most pressing issues: healthcare and education. Stand-out results include:
- Print cover story in Forbes featuring Christensen and his accomplishments
- Recurring column for the Institute on Forbes.com
- Prominent feature articles and op-eds in BusinessWeek, The Economist, Forbes, Reuters, Health Affairs, Reader’s Digest, The Atlantic, Time.com, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, CNN, and National Journal, among other outlets
- Established profile of the Institute’s leaders with speaking keynotes and panel slots at the World Business Forum, Pearson’s National Policy Forum, Milken Institute Global Conference, National Education Computing Conference, TEDMED, World Healthcare Innovation and Technology Conference, and National Academy for State Health Policy
- Through increased awareness and appreciation of concepts, helped progress policy influencer relationships with former Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings, former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, and former Florida Governor and noted education reformer Jeb Bush